Wednesday, October 29, 2008

bad breath and Charlie Brown



This is my large scale drawing for the editorial piece, done at 125% of the final print size. I have no idea how I will be printing it, but we'll see. My apologies for the low quality photo; it's from my cell.

We have also been doing research on illustrators. I picked Bill Watterson, creator of Calvin & Hobbes, as my subject. His main influence was Charles Schulz, who everyone knows as the creator of Peanuts. Then my research took me all the way back to Schulz's main influence Billy DeBeck, creator of Barney Google and Snuffy Smith. Sounds like one of those "Abraham begot Isaac" linage listings in the Bible, huh? I guess that's art for you; none of it is truly "original" and all that.

Here's a work in progress from my Computer graphics class. We're learning photo manipulation in Photoshop. Note: I do not own some of the photographs used, but I'm not making any money off of it anyway.

No comments: