Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Editorial assignment

The next project for my Illustration 3 class is to do an editorial illustration based on a reporter's story/notes. We started by making 40 thumbnails, then we picked the best three to become 5"x7" sketches. I posted these in backwards order, but the first picture is the illustration that I plan on taking to full size, 10"x14".



I decided to avoid this one because it is too common a metaphor/image. But I still love the girl's expression.


This one works, but it doesn't have the severity of the first.

These are my thumbnails. A lot of them are just variations of a particular theme, and every so often I switched themes. I feel that this way I can make the most out of each idea. I am also able to weed out the ones that really won't work.



No comments: