Friday, September 3, 2010

Practice, practice, practice

*By the way, my title is totally a reference to the Swan Princess. LOL!






Still practicing flash art. The pieces above were copied by hand, not traced over, from my lesson book. I used Prismacolor pencils, a regular Sharpie, and a number of technical pens, like Sakura.




These were traced. The drawings in this post are in latest to earliest order, starting from the top, so the anchors came first. I'm starting to get a handle on where to shade and where not in the designs, reference for when I start creating my own. Also, I've learned that the most important objects in a single design look better when they have a thicker peripheral outline--my vocabulary word of the week. It's very apparent in the "rosy knife" up top there.

No comments: