Sunday, November 8, 2009

Robot chickens and guns

So, ignoring the fact that these are Tom and Jerry strips, this is how my BFA stuff has evolved. Tom and Jerry will be replaced with two amazing pages from my comic. The character lineup is finished and the painting is still at 75-80% done. I've already made all the wooden panels the pieces will be mounted to, and they are ready to go. Now, what's left: I have to choose 2 pages to display. I'm not really sure how to do that, do they need to be in order? Should they show essential plot points? We shall see...



This is my robot chicken I'm working on in Sculpture I. Well, I should say that this is a model made out of foam core and held together by sewing pens, tape, and luck. The jaw moves, and I intend to make the feet and legs posable when I get to them. The final chicken will be constructed with construction insulating foam—you know, the pink or blue stuff that you buy in 4' x 8' sheets at Home Depot. And I'm hoping to make it about 3 or 4 feet tall.




My husband was my model long before I married him. He's always ready to do the most ridiculous things for me. I translated this photo of him into a scene from my Red Forest comic. Sorry the words are whited out; you can't read them until you see the actual book. No spoilers.

No comments: